Benefits of a Co-Educational Boarding School
BY ADMIN PUBLISHED October 20, 2021, UPDATED October 20, 2021
People find themselves in great dilemma whether to send their child to a co-educational boarding school or not. They have so many apprehensions and doubts in mind while making the decision for their child. But it is to be taken into notice here that our world is identified as an entity where women and men work together more effectively as a team than they do individually. Many educational institutes have successfully challenged many sexist prejudices prevalent in our society. They encourage a healthy environment for thriving hearts, minds and lives.
Let’s see at some of the benefits of enrolling your child in a co-ed boarding school.
- Seamless Transition Into Top Universities & Colleges: A good boarding school very effectively and diligently provides a conducive environment to the students, where they take part in team-building activities allowing both genders. These activities teach the kids to co-exist and fair well irrespective of gender. The experience gained by students through this help them develop strong social and professional relationships with their peers and seniors, no matter their gender.
- Strong Character Building: When both the genders get an environment and exposure where they are raised together, they pose a greater chance of upholding strong ethical standards, speaking responsibly and dressing appropriately. These kids behave and respond in a civilized and responsible manner in front of the opposite gender.
- Encourages Socialization: Behavioural differences can make boys and girls hesitant of their opposite gender and avoid making conversations with them. Thus, co-ed boarding schools provide an inclusive learning environment where students are exposed to diverse viewpoints and successfully breaks gender stereotype.
- Feels Safer: Experiencing mixed-peer environments from the very start, students are much more comfortable and safer of these scenarios in the later stages of life. They learn to care for each other and feel more comfortable and confident to express themselves.
- Develops Stronger Self–confidence & Leadership Skills: The students studying in co-ed boarding schools will have access to both male and female role models in the form of skilled instructors. They will pick up leadership skills from a mixed group of people in this process and will come out as a strong individual with clear skills and thoughts.
- Promotes Equality & Diversity: Collaboration is conducive to optimum learning. Every student is encouraged to participate and fair well, irrespective of their gender. They are raised and nurtured without any discrimination, prejudice or hesitation. All the students are evaluated based on their talent, interests, achievements and aptitudes, not their gender.
SelaQui International School is a top co-ed school in Dehradun, India, working closely with the parents, teachers, staff and mentors to inculcate various skills and habits in students for their promising future ahead. Being among the top 10 boarding schools in Dehradun, SelaQui works in close proximity to help children become responsible, strong, emphatic, intelligent and kind human beings, both on campus as well as outside campus. Visit our website for more information on our admission process.