It seems that no matter how much you prepare or do research for best boarding schools in India, it is not enough. There are always some doubts in parents’ mind about choosing a desired school for their ward. It is the most important decision as a parent to find the right school for your child. While considering a school, parents must ensure that the school not only places emphasis on academics, but also places particular emphasis on students’ overall growth and development.
In order to choose the right boarding school, parents must consider some basic elements. The school should not only provide quality education butit should also focus on improving student’s personality, inculcating discipline to create the independent and mature citizens of tomorrow who can effectively contribute to society. A good boarding school will encourage students to think and share their concerns and observations and help them actively participate in extra-curricular activities.
When it comes to choosing the best boarding schools in India, the list is huge. However, you can consider the following points before selecting a boarding school for your child:
1. Curriculum: The curriculum of the school plays an important role in your child’s development. Knowing which board the school is affiliated with and whether it offers a well – rounded education system for the holistic growth of students is always important.
2. Faculty: The school faculty is very important in finding the right boarding school for the child. You can research and find out the details about faculty. It is very crucial that the school should have quality faculty as faculties often live inside the campus and act as mentors for the students. Good faculties have a massive impact on the quality of a student’s education. So, cross-checking the faculty’s education and experience is important.
3. Extra-curricular activities: In order to grow and develop as a child it is very important that extra-curricular activities such as music, dance, sports, photography, creative arts etc. becomes a major part of school activities. A good boarding school provides such dedicated facilities at all times and encourages a student to be involved.
4. Mission of the school: The mission of the school can help you decide if what the school offers lines up with your educational goals. A school’s mission must be academically focused and high on ethos and philosophy. Plan a meeting with the school principal and teachers to understand what they could offer for overall growth and development of your child.
5. Infrastructure: Consider the school’s size at all times. Find out what kind of facilities are available on campus and do they organize activities to expose children to the surrounding environment? What kinds of dormitories are there, how far the medical center or other emergency services are located and so on. Pay a visit to the campus to get a better understanding of the infrastructure.
It is most important that a child develops interest to the foreign living environment. Therefore, as a parent you must always discuss the new experiences that a child is going to experience in a boarding school. You should encourage your child in building his expectations and tell him that you are always there for him. Involve your child in the whole process and consider his interests, likes and dislikes.A child blends in an atmosphere more effortlessly when he get to do activities that interest him.