Karnataka Records Best SSLC, Pre University Results
In a latest move in the Indian Education Sector, the results of the 2013 Secondary School Leaving (SSLC) exams, declared on Monday, are the best yet with a total pass percentage of 77.47., an increase of 1.34 percentage points over last year’s 76.13. According to the sources around 8.36 lakh students wrote the examination and 6.47 lakh have successfully passed the examination.
While addressing media professionals and experts Director of the Karnataka Secondary Education and Examination Board (KSEEB) D. Venkateshiah said, “This is the highest SSLC pass percentage so far. We have been beating our own records over the past two years.”
Some Peculiar Facts about the Results:
- As usual, girls have outperformed boys. While the overall pass percentage of girls stands at 82.29, it is 73.25 per cent for boys.
- Rural areas have fared better than urban areas, with pass percentages of 82.83 and 78.41 respectively.
- Sudhindra M.S. from Vijaya High School, Bangalore, scored 622 marks out of 625 to clinch the top spot
- The second spot is shared by three students, while the third spot is shared by five students.
- The number of students who wrote the exams were also 16,000 more than in 2012
- While the pass percentage for regular students stood highest at 69.41, repeaters had a pass percentage of 24.83 while 29.98 per cent of external candidates passed.
- Udupi educational district toppled Mangalore from its top position with a pass percentage of 92.72.
- Mangalore stands second this time with 91.76 per cent, followed by Karwar (82.97 per cent), Kodagu (80.83 per cent) and Chikmagalur (78.02 per cent)
- Yadgir remained at the bottom of the table (31st position) with a meagre 46.02 per cent.
- Bangalore south, north and rural stood ninth, tenth and 11th respectively, followed by Mysore at 12th position
Source: The Hindu