How to Find Best CBSE Schools in Dehradun for Your Kids
Dehradun is located in the Doon Valley on the Himalayan foothills, nestled between the Ganges River in the East and the Yamuna River in the West. The city is renowned for its picturesque landscape and milder climate, providing a gateway to the surrounding area. It is well connected and close to tourist destinations in the Himalayas such as Mussoorie and Auli and the hotowns of Haridwar and Rishikesh along with the Chota Char Dham Himalayan pilgrimage circuit.
Dehradun has several good quality educational institutions including CBSE, Private, Government and ICSE schools which make Dehradun an attractive destination for education. There are over 300 high schools in the city. The city boasts of quite a number of schools affiliated with the Secondary Education Central Board (CBSE). Exclusive girls and boys schools as well as co – educational schools are available, some of which are residential. These schools have been attended by several Indian and international stalwarts.
Dehradun is the Top Destination for CBSE Schools
Choosing the right school for their ward is a very crucial decision for parents. Many factors are taken into account when parents search for the best school. From the geographical location of a school to its reputable faculty, parents weigh all the pros and cons before finally selecting their child’s best school. If you have more affinity towards the CBSE board, you must be confused about finding the best CBSE schools in Dehradun. So how do you know the CBSE School that you have narrowed down upon is the best of the lot? Will it nurture the talents and abilities of your child and provide them with an enriching learning experience?
Following are some of the criteria for choosing the right CBSE school for your child:
- The school has a good reputation for academics: In any good school, it is a given factor that it will have a good reputation for academics. The school’s academic track record and the awards it has received for excellence is a key factor in deciding whether a school is the city’s best CBSE school. The school also follows the syllabus of CBSE strictly.
- The school believes in both theoretical and practical experience: A top CBSE school will not only focus on the academics but it will also make sure that students are involved in extracurricular activities. Extracurricular activities and field trips are essential for a student’s development, and both opportunities must be provided by the school.
- Offers state-of-the-art facilities: The school’s infrastructure plays a very important role in developing the different skills of a child. A good school aims to provide its students with the best facilities to enable a rich learning environment.
- Does not leave a hole in your pocket: Instead of just making a profit, a good CBSE school focuses on the child’s education and over all development. While education is costly, as a parent, you have to decide whether to get the value for money.
- Offers avenues for overall development: A good school will encourage extracurricular activities and competitions and will invest time and expenses in the overall development of its students.
When in school, a child should enjoy the process of learning at the same time ethics and culture should also be a part of the curriculum. A school that fits your child well will help them to become a happy, confident, and successful person. So, don’t go for a top brand alone. Instead, focus on the right school based on the abilities and aptitude of your child.